1. I often go to Chinatown to taste different restaurants there. However, there are so many restaurants that have similar name and I’m not so familiar to Chinese cuisine. Anyway, it is hard to pick a restaurant when I get there. With this website, which focus more on the Chinese restaurants, makes me feel confident when I need to recommend a Chinese restaurant to my friends than Yelp and Google. Another reason that I choose to use this website is that it contains some stories of Chinatown and this helps me a lot.
2. When I first time saw this website, the beautiful map catches my eyes. Using map to tell the story is a wise choice. You can have a big view of whole world Chinatowns and then zoom in. Boston Chinatown is unique, and this website tells a fantasy story to prove my thought.
3. I think add some photos of the restaurants will be a good future feature. More important is that, if you could add the stories of the restaurants and how hard they work to provide the costumers such wonderful food is a great way to make the website complete.
User Research 02
1.I think the information contained in this web-based interactive map is integrated and especially focused on the food industry around Chinatown as well as downtown of the Great Boston Area. Go through this website gave me direct information so that I on longer need to filter those other than related to food, however, one flaw I would say is that it seems not being up-to-date as the Yelp or Google.
2. I personally like this website and I think the logic of its storytelling is overall making sense. It is no denying that even intelligent functions are included in Google, Yelp or TripAdvisor, however their algorithm still make mistakes when we would like to specially search for one topic/category. This interactive map with illustrative charts has shown us Boston residents what we expected to know about the food related information for Chinatown and its neighborhoods which is indeed usable and useful.
3. I hope this website could have a function of the filter where a slider can help to show the makers of certain restaurants/markets according to their open time, so that we users could use this website as a tool to find the open restaurant around Chinatown. Another suggestion is about a presentation of the peak seasons and rush hours, which I think would help us to made decisions for when to go and how to avoid spending time to wait in line.
Rates and Credit Scores of Chinatown Restaurant
Click the cuisine and select the restaurant to check information